- 2 medium potatoes (about 400g), scrubbed but not peeled
- 2 medium beetroot (about 250-300g)
- 2-3 medium carrots (about 100g)
- 1 medium onion or 4 spring onions
- 1 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
What to do
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Boil
for 15 minutes, drain and leave to cool.
- Peel the beetroot and grate into a mixing bowl.
- Wash and grate the carrots and add to the bowl.
- Chop the onions and add to the beetroot mix.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, grate them and add to the
- Add the spices to the bowl with the flour and beaten egg. Mix well.
- Take a handful of mixture and shape into a round patty/burger shape.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in the frying pan. Cook the fritters for about 5-8
minutes each side on a medium heat until they are crispy on the outside.