Serves 4- makes 8 large or 12 small fish cakesAllergens - gluten, fish
- 3 large potatoes
- 3 spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin of tuna, drained
- a small handful of parsley
- juice of half a lemon
- 4 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper
What to do
- Peel the potatoes, cut in half and then into four and put them in a
saucepan of water to boil for 15 minutes.
- Finely chop the spring onions and crush the garlic. Fry in a little oil in
a frying pan u til the garlic is soft. Finely chop the parsley.
- Carefully drain the potatoes in a colander and mash in the saucepan
with a potato masher.
- Add the spring onions, tuna, parsley, lemon and a little salt and
pepper into the potato and mix well.
- Form the mixture into balls, flatten them into cakes and sprinkle with
flour on both sides; you can make 8 large fish cakes or 12 smaller
- Heat the frying pan and add a splash of oil. Fry the fish cakes for 5
minutes on each side so that they are golden and crispy. Serve with a
salad and your favourite dip.