Serves 4Allergens - dairy (nuts if using as optional topping)
- 300g fresh or frozen berries or
- chopped ripe fruit
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- You will need 4 small jars with lids or small glasses
- Greek style or natural yoghurt
- 100ml Fruit coulis
- 100g Sliced fruit
What to do
- Place all ingredients in a pan and gently heat until fruit begins to break down and release juices
- Leave the pan to cool enough to safely handle (if you have a blender now is a good time to give fruit a blitz as it makes the next step a bit quicker).
- Strain mixture into a bowl through a sieve, pushing through with the back of a spoon. Save the juice and discard the pulp left in the sieve.
- Allow coulis to fully cool and thicken slightly before use.
Layered yoghurt pot:
- Spoon around 1cm of coulis into bottom of jar or glass
- Top with around 2cm of yoghurt (the coulis will push up the sides – this is fine and looks great).
- Add a layer of sliced fruit
- Top with yoghurt
- Add a topping just before eating if you want