Serves 4 as a side or snackAllergens - None
CategorySnacks and Sides
- 3 medium parsnips
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp of olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1 small/medium onion, finely chopped
- clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of paprika (either sweet or hot)
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- pinch of salt and black pepper
What to do
- Heat the oven to 200oC . Peel and top and tail the parsnips.
- Cut each parsnip in half lengthways and then cut out the hard core that runs
through the middle. Cut the parsnip into finger sized ‘batons’.
- Put these into a roasting tin so there is enough space to spread them in a
- Add 1 1⁄2 tbsp of olive oil and mix so all the batons are covered in oil.
- Place in the oven for about 35-40 minutes until the parsnips are crispy..
- While they are cooking heat up 1 tbsp of oil in a saucepan, add the onions
and cook until they are soft, then add the garlic and paprika and cook for
another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 20-30 minutes on a low heat until you
have a nice thick sauce. Add seasoning to taste.
- If you have a blender, blend the tomato sauce until smooth, otherwise serve
it chunky alongside the parsnip chips.