Makes one large bowl of popcorn
- 4 tablespoons of popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1⁄2 tsp brown sugar or honey
- A pinch of salt
- 1⁄4 tsp of any of these spices:
- Ground cinnamon, ginger, smoked
- paprika, cumin, coriander
What to do
- Popcorn is a healthy snack and can
be made as simple, or fancy, as you
like! It is a great way to experiment
with different flavours and spices.
- Place the popcorn kernels into a
large pan with a tight filling lid.
- Gently heat the pan until you heat
the kernels start to pop, this may
take a few minutes.
- Turn down the heat and shake the
pan occasionally until there are no more pops!
- Carefully remove the lid and transfer the popcorn to a bowl.
- Add the butter or oil to the pan with any sugar, salt of spices that
you fancy and warm through. Pour this over the popcorn and stir
well. Keep in an airtight container.