Serves 4Allergens - dairy
CategorySnacks and Sides
- 800ml water
- 1 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 250ml quick cook polenta
- 100g cheddar cheese (can use feta cheese)
- fresh herbs of choice
- oil for frying.
What to do
- Bring the water to a boil then add the salt and butter, keep stirring to melt.
Add the polenta a little bit at a time, keep stirring in the same direction.
- As it’s quick cook polenta it will thicken quickly (about 5 mins)
- While it is still hot, add butter, cheese and herbs. Serve as a side dish.
Then to make the stuffed polenta balls
(inspired by Romanian Mamaliga Balls)…
- Put some cooked polenta in your hands and flatten
- Scoop out a bit and add cheese to the centre, seal completely, and
roll into a ball.
- Fry balls 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm as a side, with some chopped vegetables or with your