Serves 4Allergens - dairy
- 4 baking potatoes, washed
- 1 leek, washed and sliced finely
- 120g cheddar or feta cheese, grated or crumbled
- 2 spring onions
- sprig of fresh thyme (leaves picked off twig) or a sprinkle of dried
- cooking oil
What to do
- Prick the potatoes with a fork and put them into a pre heated oven at 200oC /
gas mark 6 for approx 45 mins -1 hour.
- While they are baking warm a pan and add about 15g butter and a splash of
cooking oil, then add the leek and thyme and stir well
- Cook gently until soft. Try not to let it brown.
- When the leek is soft, put it to one side until cool then add most of the
grated or crumbled cheese.
- When the potatoes are baked remove them from the oven.
- Scoop out the inner potato and add to the leek & cheese mix and mash with
- Put this back into the potato skin and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Return the potatoes to the oven, turning up the heat to gas 7 / 220oC for
5-10 mins, until the cheese on top is melting and turning golden brown.
- Serve immediately with finely sliced spring onions scattered on top.