Makes 6 flatbreadsAllergens - gluten, dairy
CategorySnacks and sides
- 500g plain flour
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 200ml Warm water
- 60ml Olive oil
For the filling:
- 100g spinach or wild garlic
- 100g feta cheese or grated
- cheddar A small handful of parsley and mint, finely chopped
- zest of a lemon
- A big sprinkle of spices: pepper, cumin, coriander, paprika or sumac are all tasty
- Oil to cook
What to do
- Place the flour in a bowl and add the salt.
- Make a well in the centre and add the olive oil. Add the water
until you have a ball of dough
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes and then divide into 6 balls.
Leave to rest.
- Chop the spinach or wild garlic. Mix in a bowl
with the feta, lemon and spices.
- Roll out one ball of dough on a clean floured
surface until it is as thin as you can, about
- In the middle of the circle of dough spread a
handful of spinach mixture.
- Fold the sides and then the top and bottom
edges of the circle over the filling so that you
have a rectangle.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough and filling.
- Heat a large frying pan and add a drizzle of
oil. Cook the bread for 5 minutes on each side
Repeat with the six breads.