Serves 3-4Allergens - dairy
- 1 – 2 large sweet potatoes (about 700g)
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp of olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp of paprika
- a few springs of fresh thyme or a teaspoon of dried thyme or oregano (optional)
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 120g halloumi, cheddar or feta cheese
What to do
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into bite-sized chunks/ squares.
- Cut the pepper in half and then cut into large chunks.
- Peel the onion and cut in half, then cut each half into 3 wedges
- Place all the vegetables in a large roasting tin/tray, pour the olive oil over
and sprinkle over the paprika and herbs if you are using. Use a spoon to
make sure all the vegetables are well coated with oil. Season with black
pepper. Place the tray in the oven at 200oC/gas mark 6 .
- Slice the cheese thinly.
- Open the sweet corn, drain off the liquid.
- After 25 minutes, or when the vegetables are soft, stir in the sweet corn
spreading it evenly in the tray.
- Add the cheese on top of the vegetables and return to the oven for a further
15 minutes or until the sweet potato is crisping at the edges and the cheese
turning golden brown.