Serves 4Allergens - egg, gluten, soya (in soy sauce)
- 2 eggs
- 3 shallots
- 100g jasmine rice
- 50g glutinous or sticky rice
- 50g frozen peas
- 50g frozen or canned sweetcorn
- 2 spring onions
- 20g mushroom (2 medium sized mushrooms or one large portabello)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- cooking oil, black pepper
- fresh coriander to garnish
What to do
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes, peel when cool and set aside.
- Finely chop the shallots, spring onions and mushrooms.
- Heat 1 tbsp cooking oil in a saucepan. Add shallots and stir till they turn
yellow colour (partly cooked) then add mushrooms, peas and sweet corn in
to the pot and cook for approx 1 minute and then add the light soya sauce.
- Continue to cook all vegetables for approx 3 minutes (but don’t let them
burn) and then add 500ml of boiled water into the pot and add the rice.
- Lower the heat and simmer on a low heat and open the lid when it starts
to boil. It will take around 40-50 minutes and the mixture will be thick and
smooth ( Make sure you stir sometimes otherwise the rice will be burnt in the
- When the mixture is cooked add the eggs plus some chopped spring onions.
Add little black pepper and chopped coriander to serve.