• 2 small onions or 4 spring onions, finely
• 1 head broccoli, broken into small
• 1 carrot finely diced, or grated
• 1 tomato, diced
• 2 mushrooms, sliced
• 4 eggs
• 1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
• 1 tbsp milk
• 1 tbsp oil
• 2 tbsp chives, chopped (optional)
What to do
You will need a cupcake tin or other small baking dish for this omelette.
Preheat the oven to 180c electric / gas mark 5
• Break the eggs into a bowl with the milk and whisk with a fork until they
are completely blended and set aside. Add the fish sauce and chives
here if you choose to.
• Generously grease your cupcake or baking tray/dish.
• Add the oil to a hot frying pan and add the onions, turn the heat down to
medium/low and stir and cook gently until nice and soft.
• Add the carrot and broccoli and continue to cook, stirring gently until they
are soft, then add the tomato and keep cooking and stirring as the
vegetable start to blend, then take the pan off the heat and let the mix
cool for a few minutes.
• Add the vegetable mix to the egg mix and put into the cup cake tray
(about 1⁄3 of the way up the cups) or into whatever baking dish you are
using. The mix will rise so make sure there is room to do that.
• Bake for about 10 minutes or until puffed up and golden.